Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cheater, Me


Okay, it's time to fess up. I've been unfaithful. Instead of paying strict diligence to this happy lil' blog 'o' mine, I've been fooling around on myspace.com, creating another blog. No, don't cry -- I'll make it right. I promise. I actually signed up over there because I have created a myspace for my work, and I wanted to make myself a profile in order to make my work account feel more at home by adding myself as a friend. As it turns out, there's a lot of action over there and although I meant for my diversion to be a temporary, meaningless, but immediately gratifying romp, I find I just ... can't ... pull away ...

So, I hope this doesn't put strain on our relationship. I mean, you could always join in the fun if you really wanted to ...

I just got home from Edmonton. Went to see my sistah and her snuggle bum, and to flail around in the West Edmonton Mall, just so I could say that I did. I thought that wrapping my head around the idea of a shopping center big enough to house a roller coaster would definitely be worth the trauma of being bombarded with three billion ad-like store signs, and it was. My favourite part was the sea lions. Even though I didn't actually see them, just knowing they were there was comforting. Yay, memories of BC!

My sister's dog, Hanna, and I have a lot in common. We are both snuggly, a little akward around people we really love, and appreciate the charm in a good, solid nap. I'm also not sure who looks more like a human ... it's kind of creepy in a loving, intriguing kind of way. I think Hanna knows a lot about the meaning of life, and that she is quietly seeking a modest way to share her gift with the world.

peace~

No comments: