Friday, February 17, 2006

Twins

Well, now ... don't I look like I haven't slept a full night's rest in seven months. Wait a minute ...

As Kaeden gets older, we look more alike. I'm told babies are meant to look like their dads when they're born because in the wild, if a baby animal doesn't look like its dad at birth, Dad will eat it.

All the male members of Kaeden's dad's family have stopped licking their lips when we come over, so I assume the coast is clear. Thank goodness. That was close.

Mini and I are on a mission to find a copy of William S. Burroughs' Naked Lunch. All seven of Vancouver Island Regional Library's copies are missing, and the used book store guy laughed at me when I suggested he may be able to find a copy or even keep one on the shelf for more than thirty seconds. Little do I know about cult books, I guess.

[editor's note: for the sake of my christian readership, let it be clarified that "cult" in this context is meant to denote a book popularized by its obscurity and lack of reason, so much so that all seven of one Island's copies are stolen, and does not refer to a book about people to have group sex with antelope while burning images of mao tse tung into the flesh of their asses. thanks.]

As much as I hate the thought of it, I am officially part of the work force once again. I swore I'd stay off for a year, but the bills are piling up and it's starting to make me want to vomit. So, barring divine intervention, I will reclaim by Beer Slinger's Brownie Badge on Wednesday from six-til-close. *Sigh* I'm quite crushed about it, actually, because I don't want to miss a single minute of Kaeden's growing up, or at least babyhood. I suppose that's just the way it goes and I should get over myself; it's just hard, is all. I am taking pleasure in the fact that I will only work 2-3 shifts per week, and that my EI benefits still go until July. Perhaps I can find work where babies are welcome in the meantime.

Alright then, speaking of babies and working moms, it's time for me to pump. I feel like I should be mooing while I do it.

Be safe, speak the truth, and if you can't pronounce "anonimity," just say "broccoli."



3 comments:

xziat said...

Mmm ... crack. Just kidding. James is a nice name too. Now stop trying to distract me into handing over Kaeden's legwarmers. Geez, some people.

:P

peace~
jk

Anonymous said...

Uh ohhhh.... TWO Jessica's running around?! What is this world coming to? What, you can't bring the mini-muffin into the good ol', safe ol' Cambie? And let him be passed around with the pitchers?

--- and by the way, it wouldn't be fair not to add a huge thank you for continuing to be the funniest person I know, with the sense of humour that has me still cackling out loud while staring at the computer screen, then of course, looking around to see if anyone's there. :)

Love you both, and tell Kaeden to stop getting bigger without me!

Broccoli!

Anonymous said...

my friend has a blog and ALSO has not updated in ages .The fad is dying quickly and quietly