Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not So Fast!

Hi, Kiddies. I'll bet some of the less hopeful thought I'd abandoned my lovely new blog in favour of something more trendy and enticing like wearing thong underwear with low-rise pants. Not a chance. Truth be known, my laptop has gone to the Great Electronic Heap in the Sky. Also, I just moved, so connecting to the Internet meant crawling under boxes of stale cereal and oven cleaner to get to the modem. Anyhow, here I am, safe and blogger-happy sound.

I am enjoying watching my new digs come together, although a slightly melancholic yearning for my church of solitude in the woods still abounds. I realize now how much I enjoyed my alone time. Not that I have any gripe with my roomies - who are great - I just really loved the quiet, the bunnies, the darkness, the lonliness. Things are different now: more active, more cars, more unidentified midnight thumps. It's new and old and interesting and familiar all at once. I think once my things are all put away and the carport (currently overrun with the World's Largest Supply of Abandoned Cardboard) is clean, I will settle in with a piping hot green tea and a good cry for the old and the new. I'm funny that way.

So it's Super Bowl today. Or, it was. All that fuss and it's over in a few short hours. It's a lot like Christmas that way, except no one feels inclined to buy plastic trinkets for people they don't like in order to commemorate a football game appropriately. Sometimes I wish I understood the game; other times I figure it's just as well. Does the world really need another obnoxious, over-caffinated sports junkie obsessing over grown men in tights fighting over a dead pig? I think not. Besides, learning about football would cut into my hockey-watching time.

Well, as much as I am enjoying sharing my little tidbits with the cyber-world, I am exhausted and must go to bed. I did a Step Two today and there's something about risking emotional vulnerability in order to attempt to reverse thirty years of painstakingly developed negative behaviour coping mechanisms that simply wipes a girl out. Imagine that. That's all I've got for today. Walk tall and have mercy.

Peace.

1 comment:

xziat said...

For sure! How could I forget?

peace~