Monday, December 26, 2005

Done, done, done, done.

Well, Kids ... It's over. And we made it. Some would argue that it is, in fact, not over, as is indicated by the 1/2 block line-up outside A&B Sound at 6:30 this morning, but in theory, it's over. For now.

I think Santa has a crush on me. Presents abounded, as did love and snuggles for my lil' mini me. We are fortunate, it is true. We made a voice recording for his first Christmas, complete with messages from loved ones and he himself crying in the car on the way home after 17 hours of chaos.

This week between Christmas and New Years always confuses me: is it still technically the holidays, or not? Is it safe to reestablish a routine, hit the gym, stop eating bonbons all day, or is there still five more days of lying on the couch like an inanimate, yet slightly sentient pleasure seeker? I ponder.

I am taking someone to the airport today, a real gift as far as I am concerned. Everytime a person travels, they are, in essence, expanding the boundaries of their existence and I am always honoured to share the experience. It's like having mini-cameos in a hundred little B-flicks.

Anyway, I am grateful for the sun, my son, the stopping of the rain, and the fact that the milk in my espresso didn't curdle today. Life is grand.

No comments: